Time slips past when you are immersed in your smartphone. June 2007 marked the release of iPhone from Apple. It was a gaming gadget with a simple display with 320×480 resolution (now it is twice as that).
The instant and sudden leap of iPhone’s vogue in 2007 astounded the experts. Out of the blue, Jobs’ masterpiece overcame BlackBerry even though some customers argued that they had difficulty typing on it. Even though it was really pricey!
Can we compare BlackBerry with iPhone today?
What can the customers say about the smartphone market nowadays? In 2007 they could not even imagine that the rectangle with curbed corners would be a leader in the market.
Get acquainted with the mad though true facts about iPhone device:
1. Collaboration with Apple resulted in a famous band’s appearance in an iPod commercial. Take a look at the “Artists” icon in the Music app – and see Bono from U2. The front man participated in a release of the iPod limited edition with U2.
2. The implementation of the iPhone project was confidential and throughout two years of the idea realization not more than 30 people were aware of it.
3. Retina display screen, the most sumptuous piece in the iPhone 4, costs a bomb – $28.50. The total cost of the gadget is $200, although that does not take into consideration design, branding or assembly.
4. A round figure of 500 million iPhones has been purchased by loyal Apple customers. The number of sold units has been overwhelmingly increasing since last spring. If all iPhones sold over the world were distributed among the US citizens, eighty percent of the USA inhabitants would have an iPhone.
5. If it were not for 9 rare earth minerals, we would not have the iPhone as it is: colorful, vibrating, playing music, doing all that outstanding stuff we adore. Ninety percent of the components are extracted in China.
6. The iPhone combines incompatible: its computer chip is manufactured by the Apple’s severest competitor – Samsung. Keep enemies closer than friends – this motto serves Apple at best, since the company sued Samsung in June for patent law violation and won. Thus, the cooperation between two companies looks a little weird. Apple and Samsung agreed to design and produce the next mobile processor in synergy.
7. The iPhone production is almost rocket science since it took more than 156 suppliers and 200 patents to manufacture it. iPhone patented everything in the applications and appearance of the device, its texture and assembly. Intellectual property registration protects the innovations. The list of special suppliers to iPhone, iPad, iPod demonstrated the sophisticated nature of the device.